[Review] Adorlee Youth Reviving and Preserving Eye Cream with Eyeliss

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hellooooo! Today I'm bringing you my review for the Adorlee Youth Reviving Eye Cream. I have both the reviving and preserving cream!

So let's get to the breakdown...

Disclaimer
I did receive these as a gift from Adorlee, however was not paid to do this review. These are my own personal and honest opinions as always :)
Packaging
Ah...packaging...packaging is definitely a big deal for me. I love looking at pretty things but let's face it; the packaging has to be functional too right?? The preserving cream (which is the pot on the left) is great! It's a good size, not too big or too small, and it's also functional. It also comes with a spatula (which isn't pictured) for hygienic use. However, this is the big downer for me. The packaging of the youth preserving cream (on the right) didn't work. I don't know if the pump of all of these are finicky or what, but mine stopped working after using it a couple times. Therefore, I only got to try this eye cream a couple times so I don't honestly feel comfortable reviewing it for you. Trust me, I tried to get this product out in every way I could. I tried shaking it, storing it upside down, pumping and shaking, EVERYTHING. It just didn't work. It does look beautiful, but what's the point if it stops working? Maybe it's the specific bottle I got...(Also, the crack happened after it stopped working)
Purpose
For the rest of this review, I'll just be referring to the Adorlee Youth Preserving Eye Cream since I wasn't able to try the other one. This cream is meant for using at night time and helps reduce puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also contains ingredients such as hyaluronate acid, coconut oil, white tea, ginseng, and aloe vera. On top of that, they have a patented combination of ingredients called Eyeliss, which is unique to their eye cream. I took this from their website: 
"Clinical tests show 70% of users experience visibly reduced under eye puffiness **20 Female volunteers, aged between 40 and 60 presenting chronic bags under the eye area. Twice daily application for 56 days of a gel containing 3% Eyeliss™"
Directions
After you've cleansed your skin in the morning, pat the cream under your eyes and avoid your tear ducts and eyes. This was where it got interesting.. I actually couldn't use this in the morning. It burned when in the sun and when I would sweat (during workouts and such!). So I actually used this at night. I also couldn't use this on my eyelids. It would burn that area too and when I emailed the company to find out more information on the burning, they let me know it was most likely caused by the retinol in the cream. 
Results
I did notice reduced puffiness and I gave my mom some to use to see if it would work on her fine lines. After she used it, she said she did notice a reduction in puffiness and she thinks it works on her fine lines a little bit. Out of curiosity to see if she actually liked it, I asked if she would buy it and what was the most she would pay for it. She said $40, which is great because the cream is $39! By the way, my mom had the same issues with burning and could only use it at night and under her eyes like me. 
Texture
The consistency of this cream is on the lighter side. I like this because it absorbs into the skin really quick and doesn't feel like it's sitting on my skin.

Overall
Keep in mind, I'm just going to give you my overall thoughts on the youth preserving eye cream since I couldn't try the other one. 
Packaging: ****
Benefits: ****
Results: ***
Price: ***
Texture: ***
Overall: ***

Want to buy this cream or check it out yourself? Here's their website!
https://www.adorlee.ca