[Review] Etude House Tint My Brows Gel in #1 Brown First Impressions! Tattooing My Eyebrows?!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Ok, so my eyebrows are something that are very important to me. I feel like eyebrows really make your face look complete, so I'm willing to try anything to make my eyebrows look...well...on fleek. haha. When I heard about Etude House Tint My Brow Gel, I thought "YES! Eyebrows for more than one day and I don't have to fill them in?!". So you bette believe I went straight to the internet and bought myself one.

The concept behind this brow tattoo is it's supposed to last for up to a week, despite washing your face, applying makeup, and touching your eyebrows. This is a great concept for those of you who might like to have "no makeup" days, but still want to look put together.

You can pick one up HERE (affiliate) 

So let's get to the breakdown...

Process...
With your face cleansed and dry, you want to apply the gel onto your eyebrows/where you want to dye your hair (or more, the skin underneath). After that, let it sit on your face for two hours. Yes, you will look insane... I know I sure did! It's also advised on the side of the box that you leave it on overnight and remove it in the morning. However, ain't nobody got time for that! I was already shocked I had to leave it on for two hours! Talk about a time commitment. Once the two hours are up, you remove it. It should peel off in one piece. You're supposed to peel it off from the tail of the eyebrow (oops). I didn't do that and lost a couple eyebrow hairs in the process of removing it (which I showed in the video below!). However, I have since tried removing it from the tail as well and STILL lost a couple hairs. So I don't know if I have sensitive eyebrows or what, but I say just remove cautiously and if anything, scrape it off. 


Packaging...
The packaging of this product isn't anything fantastic. Although I will say, I wish the applicator was a little bit different. When applying this, I did manage to be fairly accurate but I think a sharper tip would've made applying this much easier. 
Shade...
I LOVED the shade of this product. I got mine in shade #1 brown and I felt like it was a prefect match for my eyebrows. However, I have heard that the other two shades, light brown and grey brown, are a bit of miss for some people. I've read really mixed reviews on how these shades look. Some people say the light brown is too orange and the grey brown is too grey, while others say they like the look. So definitely check out some swatches and decide for yourself if you think you'd be happy with the colors. I personally think the shade I have looks the most natural.
Results...
I have really mixed emotions about this product. This is supposed to last for about a week and I do have to admit, it did! I really liked how it looked on day 2-4 because after it had faded a bit, it looked super natural.  Personally, I felt like it looked a little too "painted on" on day 1 for my liking.  Now this is where my mixed feelings came in. Besides the first day, I still found myself filling in my eyebrows despite them being colored in more. I just felt that with a full face of makeup, the tint wasn't quite apparent enough for my liking. I also just generally like having my eyebrows held in place by some type of wax or gel as well. I will say that when I didn't have any makeup on though, they looked great and I obviously didn't feel the need to fill them in. Since I wear makeup almost everyday, this just honestly isn't that useful for me. I do like the concept but 2 hours?! 2 HOURS?! For something that I'm going to end up going over anyways? It's just not that practical for me. So take it as you will. This would definitely fit the needs of some, but for me, it just doesn't make much sense to repeatedly buy and use this. 
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 
Overall...
I'd say I could see the tint on my eyebrows for about 5 days. On day 6, it was completely gone. Keep in mind, I carried on with my normal cleansing routine and wasn't going to tailor my skincare around my eyebrows. On the instructions it does say to avoid pressure (haha), makeup remover, oil, and cleansers in this area while you have it on. That's a bit much in my opinion so I didn't really follow that. By the way, I'm aware I forgot to take a before picture for the website, but you can see in the video what my eyebrows looked like before very clearly! So just refer to that :) Also, I know the lighting is also a little different in each photo but I was traveling and using my phone to take pictures. But, you get the point! lol. Anyways, that's my written review of the Etude House Tint My Brows Gel! Hope you guys enjoyed and don't forget to follow this website and subscribe to my youtube channel, The Beauty Breakdown, for more reviews, travel posts, and more!