[Review] KICHO and CU Skin Natural and Cruelty-Free Korean Skincare

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hey everyone and welcome back to The Beauty Breakdown! It's a new year, which means experimenting with new products and brands so today I want to introduce you to KICHO. KICHO is a newer brand that is available at your local Whole Food Stores and at Green Alley. Before I get ahead of myself though...

Let's get to the breakdown...


Brand Background
I think this is why I'm most excited about this brand in particular. If you're just starting off in skincare or if you're a skincare aficionado, you might have an issue finding a variety of brands that offer natural ingredients, that are paraben-free, and animal cruelty-free. We all want what's best for our skin and obviously natural tends to be the way to go. It's extremely important to find products that prioritize the quality of their ingredients. This is where KICHO and CU Skin comes in. KICHO uses botanical ingredients derived from Mother Nature herself.
KICHO Natural Mineral Foaming Cleanser
Proper cleansing is extremely important because it removes all the dirt, leftover makeup, and oil from your skin. Without a proper cleanser, your skin will look dull, will feel heavy, and will not be at its best overall. Because of this, I'm a little picky when it comes to cleansers, especially foam cleansers since they're my favorite form of cleanser! I've been testing this out for a couple weeks and I have to say, I have to say that this is a pretty nice cleanser. It's formulated for all skin types and can even be used on children! There are no harmful additives in this cleanser, so you can rest assured you're not stripping your skin. It's also made with 7 types of sprout extracts (which sprout extracts.. I'm not sure. haha) which are supposed to help with purifying the skin and soothing your face. My only complaint with this cleanser is I find it's a little too drying on my skin. I do feel that it's excellent at cleansing my skin and removing all the gunk, but since I have dry, sensitive skin, I've found that I can't use this everyday or my skin does feel a little more dry. This would most likely be excellent for oily skin types though! And I'd like to add that the foam is super soft :) 
CU Skin Vitamin U Cellbio Hydro Gel Mask 
 I LOVE hydro gel masks. They're my favorite form of sheet masks because I feel that they hold moisture longer, fit my face better, and are better quality overall. Because of this, I was looking forward to trying this. This mask is also supposed to have EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) and ceramide to help tighten and improve the overall appearance of the skin. How great does that sound? When I applied this mask, I immediately noticed how nice and thick the mask itself was. As you can see in the picture below, the quality of the mask is really great and it also stretches a good amount so it really does feel like a "second skin". I wore this mask for about an hour (because heck, the longer the better right?!) and then removed it. I did feel like it really plumped up and nourished my skin. I love how smooth and wonderful my skin felt the next day and I definitely feel like I noticed a difference after using this mask. 
KICHO Foundation Brush 
This foundation brush is composed of synthetic fibers so again, you can rest assured that there were no cute little animals harmed to create this brush. I also like synthetic fiber brushes because they wash clean, don't absorb makeup like natural fiber brushes do, and they feel so soft. This one is exactly that. This brush is so soft and smooth and doesn't fray at all. I've also noticed NO shedding whatsoever (and trust me, I put my makeup brushes through the wringer!). I like the shape of this, as well, because it's very versatile so I can use it for different purposes. I've used this to blend my cream contour, apply foundation, and to flawlessly conceal my dark under eye circles. On top of all the things I love about this brush, I also like how sleek and pretty it looks :) 
Well there you guys go! For the new year, I'd like to research and find more natural skincare so I thought this was the perfect post to kick off 2016 :) Let me know if you've also tried any products from this brand or any other natural skincare lines that you've been into :)

xoxo,
Morgan