[Review] Holika Holika Golden Monkey Glamour Lip 3 Step Kit

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Holika Holika has come out with a predecessor for its very famous Pig Nose Clear Blackhead 3 Step Kit. It's called the Golden Monkey Glamour Lip 3 Step Kit and instead of removing your nasty little blackheads, this kit is designed to exfoliate, plump and moisturize your lips! Of course I had to try this since my lips are notoriously dry. (I'll be releasing the video review of this product soon and I'll put it in this post!) 



By the way, if you're wondering why Holika Holika themed this kit after monkeys, I believe the Golden Monkey is known for its pink and noticeable lips. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's move on!

The packaging is super cute! Look at this thing, I don't even want to open it! haha. But I must for the sake of the review.


Here's a close up of the packaging. You can see the ingredients, directions, and description. 



Here's an initial 'before' of my lips. As you can see, they're fairly dry and a little chapped. 

So step one of the packet is to remove all the dead skin and clean your lips with this pad. As you can see, there's no texture to it, so it's not really good for exfoliating. It doesn't really have a smell and FYI, just in case you get in your mouth, it doesn't taste terrible. haha.

This is what my lips looked like after step one. As you can see, they're a little bit smoother. 

Step 2 of the packet is to take this lip gel patch and place is on your clean lips for 15 minutes. It's nice because it stays in place and doesn't slide all over the place. You can wear this while you do other things! 

I look crazy with this thing on! 

So I forgot to take a picture after step 2 but you can see the results immediately after step 2 in the video (once it's posted!). Step 3 is a honey-based balm that you put on your lips. As you can see in the picture below, the balm is nice and glossy. Plus, it's not sticky at all and it's very comfortable to wear! I loved this last part because it made my lips feel really nice and it's really shiny! Also, there's enough in the packet to save a use a couple more times! 

So what do you guys think?! Can you see a difference? Do my lips look better? Hope you guys enjoyed this review!

xoxo, Morgan